Makeup artist Marisa Anhaltzer unveils her go-to products to achieve the bold fall hue.
- MAKEUP BY LISA STOREY
- TOM FORD TRACELESS PERFECTING FOUNDATION IN TAWNY
- TOM FORD SKIN ILLUMINATOR IN FIRE LUST
- CLE DE PEAU BEAUTE CONCEALER IN OCHER
- MARY KAY AT PLAY LIP & CHEEK STICK IN PEACH POP
- LAURA MERCIER LIP PENCIL IN DEEP WINE
- TOM FORD LIP COLOR IN BRUISED PLUM
- NAILS BY WHITNEY GIBSON
- CHANEL LE VERNIS IN IMPERIAL
It started with silent film starlet Clara Bow in the ’20s, sparked a sultry-grunge sensation on Liv Tyler and Kate Moss in the ’90s, and stunned on Priyanka Chopra this year at the Emmy’s. With the possible exception of red, there’s no lip color more iconic—or sensual—than a saturated berry. That said, many civilians shy away from the color, fearing fifty shades of goth. Strategically chosen and applied, however, berry is a color that can flatter everyone. The trick? Finding a texture that doesn’t overplay your look or overpower your complexion. To that end, The Violet Files turned to in-house makeup artist Marisa Anhaltzer, an expert in balancing the bold lip with a subtle eye, who divulges her favorite products for every skin tone and reveals how to wear them.
VIOLET GREY has a file on everything from
the genius of Pat McGrath to
the best eyelash curler in the world.