Makeup artist Rachel Goodwin concocts a Winona-inspired red lip for Amber Valletta.
Edited By Christina Han
Photography By Naj Jamai
Makeup By Rachel Goodwin
Hair By Teddy Charles
Nails By Karen Gutierrez
Styled By William Graper
The Velvet Lip
- MAKEUP BY RACHEL GOODWIN
- CHANEL STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF LONGLASTING EYELINER IN NOIR INTENSE
- RMS BEAUTY LIVING LUMINIZER
- HOURGLASS ARCH BROW SCULPTING PENCIL IN WARM BLONDE
- CHANEL INIMITABLE WATERPROOF MASCARA VOLUME - LENGTH - CURL - SEPARATION IN NOIR
- CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY ESSENCE MIST
- CHANEL LA SOLUTION 10 DE CHANEL
- KEVYN AUCOIN SENSUAL SKIN ENHANCER IN SX 7
- CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL BRONZING MAKEUP BASE
- MAC LIP PENCIL IN BRICK
- ROUGE G L'EXTRAIT LIPSTICK IN LUXURE
- NAILS BY KAREN GUTIERREZ
- CHANEL LE VERNIS NAIL COLOUR IN VAMP
- STYLING BY WILLIAM GRAPER
- JOHN PAUL GAULTIER BLAZER, COURTESY OF CLOAK NYC
- GUCCI TROUSERS, COURTESY OF CLOAK NYC
BY RACHEL GOODWIN
Hydrate skin with a regimen of two lightweight moisturizers for a non-greasy, glowing complexion. Chanel’s newest contains only ten ingredients, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin. Follow with Hydra Beauty Micro Serum dabbed on the undereye region.
I love this foundation for its ability to provide buildable coverage. Transfer a small amount of the creamy formulation to the back of your hand, then dip a Beauty Blender dampened with Chanel’s Hydra Beauty Mist into the foundation and apply to the face with a stippling motion.
The coolest girls of the nineties always looked like they were wearing eye makeup from last night’s party. To mimic the look, rim your upper and lower lash lines with Chanel’s eyeliner, then quickly smudge it with your fingertip before the budge-proof formula sets.
In case you end up having a Viper Room night of your own, finish your eye look with Chanel’s all-night, dance party–proof mascara.
GET THE VAMP
Rachel Goodwin offers her tutorial on a vampy, glossy lip inspired by the silent screen stars of the Roaring Twenties.