Hair by ROBERT VETICA
Makeup by SABRINA BEDRANI
Photography by BEN HASSETT
Styled by ELIZABETH SULCER
Nails by DEBBIE LEAVITT
The Smudged Eye
SHOP THE CREDITS
SHOP THE CREDITS
- MAKEUP BY SABRINA BEDRANI
- BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR CREAM SHADOW IN SLATE
- DIOR WATERPROOF CRAYON EYELINER IN TRINIDAD BLACK
- YVES SAINT LAURENT MASCARA VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS BABY DOLL IN FETISH BLACK
- HOURGLASS ARCH BROW SCULPTING PENCIL
- LAURA MERCIER FOUNDATION PRIMER OIL FREE
- GIORGIO ARMANI LUMINOUS SILK FOUNDATION
- TOM FORD BRONZING POWDER
- LA MER THE LIP BALM
- LAURA MERCIER LIP PENCIL IN CHESTNUT
- BOBBI BROWN LIP COLOR IN BLONDIE PINK
When a complexion exudes a fresh, bronzed glow, a heavy-handed makeup look is far from necessary. Makeup artist Sabrina Bedrani, however, firmly believes that one should not have to forsake a hint of drama, even at the beach. To accentuate Vanessa Paradis’ seaside gaze for VIOLET GREY's May cover story, Bedrani created a subtly smudged eye makeup look that complements the model-actress’ healthy, radiant complexion.
THE SMUDGED EYE
BY SABRINA BEDRANI
Curl the lashes with the Utowa Eyelash Curler, then apply black mascara to the top lashes to open and anchor the overall eye look.
Since first meeting Vanessa Paradis over five years ago, makeup artist Sabrina Bedrani has deftly painted the actress’ lips in numerous shades of crimson. She has applied sultry, smoky shadows to Julianne Moore’s eyes many times over and was appointed Sandra Bullock’s on-set artist for the star’s fifth Vogue cover. “I want my clients to feel beautiful and confident, rather than trying to make a 'makeup statement',” explains Bedrani. It’s this sensibility and skilled artistry that has her frequently on set for Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Vanity Fair, and collaborating with the likes of photographers Norman Jean Roy and Peter Lindberg.
SPEND AN AFTERNOON WHERE TONY NELSON'S SPACE CAPSULE WASHED ASHORE IN THE PILOT EPISODE OF I DREAM OF JEANNIE.