Makeup artist Rachel Goodwin embellishes supermodel Amber Valletta with iridescent red lips and an unexpected shock of turquoise lining the eyes.
Edited By Christina Han
Photography By Naj Jamai
Makeup By Rachel Goodwin
Hair By Teddy Charles
Nails By Karen Gutierrez
Styled By William Graper
The Metallic Lip
- MAKEUP BY RACHEL GOODWIN
- CHANEL STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF LONG-LASTING EYELINER IN MARINE
- CHANEL LES 4 OMBRES MULTI-EFFECT QUADRA EYESHADOW IN TISSE VENITIEN
- EYEKO EYE DO LIQUID EYELINER
- CHANEL INIMITABLE WATERPROOF MASCARA VOLUME - LENGTH - CURL - SEPARATION IN NOIR
- CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY ESSENCE MIST
- CHANEL LA SOLUTION 10 DE CHANEL
- KEVYN AUCOIN SENSUAL SKIN ENHANCER IN SX 7
- CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL BRONZING MAKEUP BASE
- CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE INTENSE LONG-WEAR LIP COLOUR IN CAPTIVANTE
- NAILS BY KAREN GUTIERREZ
- YVES SAINT LAURENT LA LAQUE NAIL LACQUER IN ROUGE POP ART
- STYLING BY WILLIAM GRAPER
- LADY GREY HARNESS
- ERIC JAVITS TURBAN
- MAXIOR EARRINGS
BY RACHEL GOODWIN
Hydrate skin with a regimen of two lightweight moisturizers for a non-greasy, glowing complexion. Chanel’s newest contains only ten ingredients, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin. Follow with Hydra Beauty Micro Serum dabbed on the undereye region.
I love this foundation for its ability to provide buildable coverage. Transfer a small amount of the creamy formulation to the back of your hand, then dip a Beauty Blender dampened with Chanel’s Hydra Beauty Mist into the foundation and apply to the face with a stippling motion.
Defined cheekbones are just as integral to this look as the red lip. The easily blendable formulation of the Bronzing Makeup Base from Chanel allows you to instantly sculpt out the cheekbone by applying the creamy bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and blending outward to your ear.
I first created an elongated cat eye with Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eye Liner. To modernize the look, I rimmed the bottom line with Chanel Marine eye pencil.
To further update the eye, I tapped on green shadow to transform the Chanel Marine blue into more of an high-impact turquoise hue.
Two strokes of Chanel Inimitable Volume mascara is all you need for lush, amplified lashes to complement this cat eye look.
Every bust of Nefertiti showcases her penchant for bright red lipstick. To achieve the queenly effect at home, apply Chanel Rouge Allure in Captivante directly to the lips for a high-impact wash of color, then layer a sweep of MAC’s Pro Pigment in Electric Coral for a hint of metallic, light-catching iridescence.
GET THE VAMP
Rachel Goodwin offers her tutorial on a vampy, glossy lip inspired by the silent screen stars of the Roaring Twenties.