- MAKEUP BY VioLETTE
- MAC EYE SHADOW IN CHARCOAL BROWN
- NARS MATTE EYESHADOW IN BALI
- NARS MATTE EYESHADOW IN ALL ABOUT EVE
- MAKE UP FOR EVER EXTRA LARGE SIZE GLITTERS IN SILVER
- SMITH'S ROSEBUD SALVE
- MAC STUDIO FACE & BODY FOUNDATION
- NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER
- LAURA MERCIER CREME CHEEK COLOUR IN OLEANDER
- MAC STROBE CREAM
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK IN PENELOPE PINK
- STYLING BY TURNER
- NARCISO RODRIGUEZ DRESS
Makeup artist Violette, a regular contributor to The Violet Files and our go-to for all things French beauty, offers her how-tos for attaining that elusive Parisian je ne sais quoi.
THE GLITTER EYE: “I used the base from the [Natural Beauty] look—MAC Face & Body foundation, MAC strobe cream on the T-zone, Matte MAC shadow in Charcoal Brown, and Nars shadows in Bali and All About Eye,” says Violette. “I then added Make Up For Ever silver disco glitter under the eyes. Some of the sparkles fell onto her cheeks, and I like that she looks like a jewel.” Read on for the artist’s step-by-step guide to creating the look.
“I recommend putting as much mascara as you can on the roots of the eyelashes, then moving outward. The black intensity and heavier texture on roots will contrast with eyes and make their color pop more. It also looks more natural with natural shape of lashes. I used a Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara. Another bonus: If you add mascara after curling your lashes, the texture helps them keep their curl longer.”