At VIOLET GREY, there is little we love more than a Hollywood power couple, so when the hair care brand favored by in-the-know trendsetters, R+Co, announced a collaboration with the queen of coif-cool hairstyles Jenny Cho, we all but banged down their doors to get our hands on what we were sure was going to be a never-before-experienced type of product.
Spoiler alert, we were not disappointed. After using the light mist between washes, VIOLET STAFFERS reported hair that was refreshed, smooth, and hydrated with effortless-but-polished texture. As we have all been stretching our time without shampooing, we sensed this was going to become a new industry staple and quickly sent it to our Committee of Industry Experts.
“In love! Perfect for keeping tangles at bay, this product instantly transformed my dry ends, turning an otherwise mundane day into a silky, fabulous hair day.”
– NATALIE VENTOLA, MAKEUP ARTIST
“This is genius! It cleanses and refreshes curls at the same time.”
– BOBBY ELIOT, HAIR STYLIST
“I am not a fan of washing my hair every day, so this is the perfect product to revitalize my hair and add a boost of hydration where I need it most.”
– ASHLEY CORNETT, VIOLET GREY BEAUTY EDITOR
Endlessly raving about always-on good hair days, our testers have now converted to this hair mist. Offering it unanimous approval, the R+Co Rainless Dry Cleansing Conditioner is officially VIOLET CODE APPROVED and has a coveted place on THE SHELVES.
SARAH BROWN’S 5 REASONS WHY
1. When Jenny Cho—VIOLET GREY Committee member and Hollywood’s resident queen of undone it-girl hair—collaborated with the hairstylist collective R+Co to create her own dream product, we knew we had to have it.
2. Jenny created a product that is in a category all its own: a weightless mist that instantly cleanses, conditions, and revives day-old styles, and works especially great on curls. We call it a hands-free restyler.
3. Spritzed on at the roots, it dries in a second and refreshes waves without disturbing the style—which, ask any curly girl, is a tall order. Conditions, adds shine, and eliminates frizz. Kind of a dream.
4. We’re thinking Jenny’s red carpet regulars must have been pretty good guinea pigs: You know, just Anya Taylor-Joy, Jennifer Lawrence, Addison Rae, and Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
5. As demonstrated above, the pros on our Committee went wild: “This is genius!” said hairstylist Bobby Eliot. “It cleanses and refreshes curls at the same time!” Sold!
The VIOLET CODE is a process and set of standards by which VIOLET GREY’s Committee of Industry Experts separate hero products from the tens of thousands of options available to you on the market. The result is a curation that is truly the best in beauty from those who know best.