Senior Director of Finance
The Senior Director of Finance owns the finance and accounting disciplines at Violet Grey. The ideal candidate brings a broad base of experience and can work across the entire financial spectrum, serving as both a leader and “doer”, unafraid to roll up their sleeves as life in a fast-growing startup often requires. They will drive all aspects of financial management: accounting, forecasting, reporting, and audit, while always being on the look-out for ways to make add efficiency and effectiveness to the growing organization. The role requires versatility, innovation, and diligence; you’ll be a key member of the team leading transformative change in the beauty industry.
- Drive strategic planning, budgeting and planning processes, as well as budget v actual reporting and management
- Design and implement financial process by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Evaluate strategic business opportunities by providing analysis and financial modeling
- Lead accounting activities such as month-end/year-end close, audit, tax compliance, cash management and financial risk management
- Managing external relationships with auditors, banks, payment solutions providers and other stakeholders, including negotiating contracts and payment terms with vendors and customers
- Responsible for salaries and comp plans, payroll, 401K administration, and other benefits
- Lead financial communication for internal and external stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed
- 7+ years of financial experience, at least 3 of which were in mid to senior level positions responsible for financial planning, analysis, and accounting.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Excellent understanding of GAAP for multi-channel retail required
- Enthusiastic about building up systems and policies from scratch
- Extremely strong attention to detail, exceptionally organized, and always data-driven
- Outstanding leadership and management skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Startup experience required, ecommerce or marketplace experience preferred, familiarity with video production accounting process ideal
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced, operationally complex business environment
- Ability to communicate clearly across the organization, inspire confidence, garner buy-in to initiatives.
- Netsuite experience preferred but not required
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com