Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager is a key member of the Content team, who will work alongside designers, writers and videographers to conceptualize and produce social media content for distribution on a variety of platforms. This role will develop social media strategies that focus on building Violet Grey’s community and creating an engaging two-way brand experience while growing audience share and driving traffic to VIOLETGREY.com. This position will create and execute a social media content calendar that integrates key marketing, merchandising and product imperatives. The ideal candidate will possess deep knowledge of social media marketing, strong communication skills, an artistic eye and a love of the beauty industry.
- Coordinate the production and publishing of social media content on a daily basis. Collaborate cross-functionally with creative, product, and merchandising teams to coordinate social media content with editorial, merchandise, and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement content franchises and campaigns that grow brand awareness and build audience size.
- Engage and interact with our social community in real-time to strengthen brand perception and participate in conversation around relevant trending topics and current events.
- Increase online presence, fan base, and engagement level of Violet Grey on social networks, drawing attention to campaigns, product launches, collaborations, events and brand culture.
- Conduct social media listening and provide regular reporting on brand mentions, sentiment, trends and campaign progress to the proper business groups
- Provide testing recommendations for existing and emerging channels and platforms.
- Monitor social media, fashion, beauty and technology industry trends to become an advocate for the company in those spaces.
- 3+ years experience managing social media accounts at a digital publisher or e-commerce brand. Beauty, fashion or luxury experience is a plus.
- Strong copywriting skills, including an ability to grasp “voice” and a flawless eye for mechanics.
- Deep knowledge of social media marketing tactics and social analytic tools
- The ability to prioritize and manage completing tasks and projects
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Skip the traditional cover letter, and instead please submit your resume and a short note that includes:
- A few sentences about what you consider to be the most exciting trend/strategy/platform in the current social media landscape.
- One point of critique about Violet Grey’s current social media content
- A PDF with 3-5 samples of your past work
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org