VIOLET GREY is seeking an experienced, digital-savvy Manager who will play a lead role in developing and executing a compelling social media and influencer marketing strategy that grows brand affinity, engagement, reach, audience and, as a result, conversion. Reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Produce and publish daily social media content on all VIOLET GREY platforms, maintaining and evolving the voice and visual aesthetic of the brand in collaboration with creative, editorial, product, merchandising, and marketing.
- Work closely with Brand Management stakeholders to develop, produce and implement content franchises and campaigns that grow brand awareness and build audience size.
- Strategically grow followers and engagement on all social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Monitor, listen, engage and respond to users in a “social way” using the VIOLET GREY voice. Participate in conversations around relevant trending topics and current events.
- Act as forward-facing VIOLET GREY ambassador on Social Media providing followers with an engaging BTS peek at everything happening at VIOLET GREY.
- Conduct outreach to VIOLET GREY’s committee members in order to secure placements and brand tags as part of VIOLET GREY’s Committee-generated content program.
- Establish a reporting mechanism to inform stakeholders of all social media activities and coverage
- Actively contribute to Brand Management team brainstorms, suggesting seeding programs and other methods of creative influencer engagement.
- Keep apprised of the media landscape and the celebrity, influencer, and pop culture spaces, constantly discovering relevant talent to engage with and onboard to our committee.
- Keep up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Write and manage promotional copy with the guidance of the Director of E-commerce, including email newsletters and branded activations.
- We are seeking a dynamic social manager with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 3-5 years in social media, public relations, or influencer marketing with a luxury fashion, beauty brand, or digital media company.
- A proven track record achieving and exceeding goals.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Innovative and collaborative problem solver with a drive for results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and compassionate team player.
- Experience with media and social media insights platforms (e.g. Dash Hudson, Meltwater) and project management tools (e.g. Asana) is a bonus.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org