The Sales Director will work closely with the internal stakeholders in buying, merchandising, creative, marketing, and finance to develop an aggressive content sales, co-op and sponsorship strategy. This individual plays a lead role in the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting process and is responsible for setting and meeting co-op revenue and profit goals for all VIOLET GREY channels including site, events, store and social media. The desired candidate will be responsible for working across teams to identify new opportunities and create bespoke packages, as well as the necessary collateral to pitch and close partnerships. The Sales Director will be responsible for working cross functionally to develop and fund franchise campaigns that drive brand awareness, and increase traffic and conversion around key selling moments and will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Work with creative, buying, merchandising, and marketing teams to identify brand targets, key franchises, and content campaign opportunities and placement for sales monetization.
- Lead sponsorship initiatives working closely with cross team to achieve aggressive revenue targets.
- Regularly meet and pitch opportunities to the Violet Grey Community, media, and non-endemic partners.
- Generate pitch materials for sales opportunities and drive the development of supporting materials and media kits.
- Execute advertising and sponsorship activities to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Build co-op program and manage a monthly calendar across all channels.
- Develop and manage the co-op / sponsorship P&L.
- Identify new business opportunities, develop vendor packages and work cross team to present opportunities.
- Manage advertising sales revenue and reconcile billing with finance.
- 5-7 years in a sales or business development position with a luxury fashion or beauty brand or digital media company.
- Strong digital media understanding and media planning.
- An established strong and widespread network of contacts within the media industry, agencies and luxury brands and retail community.
- Demonstrable expertise in prospecting, inside and outside sales, and closing deals.
- A proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Innovative & collaborative problem solver who is solutions-oriented with a drive for results.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients at all levels.
- Master of sales best practices, selling techniques & packaging development.
- Cross-channel media experience including print, digital, social & TV.
- Positive, enthusiastic and compassionate team player.
- Entrepreneurial, self directed, highly motivated, and collaborative.
- Capable of working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience in Beauty a plus.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org