Retention & Email Marketing Manager
The Retention Marketing Manager is an integral team member of the Marketing department. This role will be responsible for developing and driving to the retention strategy for VIOLETGREY.com and the VIOLET GREY flagship, focusing on engaging existing customers through utilizing communications across email marketing, direct mail, omni-channel communications, and incentives. This position would manage these channels to meet revenue and traffic targets whilst maintaining a positive return on investment. The ideal candidate would have the balance of strong analytical skills and creative mind, plus a love of the beauty industry. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the Marketing, Creative, Technology, Buying, Client Service, Retail and Operations teams plus with external marketing partners. This team member will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop and execute an email marketing strategy that grows and optimizes this vital revenue and traffic driving channel.
- Plan, build, test and deploy VIOLET GREY emails. Email coding experience is preferred.
- Champion customer insight for VIOLET GREY to inform strategies for marketing and wider business.
- Identify VIOLET GREY’s current key regional markets and assess new areas with opportunity.
- Assess key moments for printed activities ensuring a positive return on investment.
- Lead customer and influencer appreciation activities for key holidays or campaigns.
- Highlight and implement on-brand incentives that maintain VIOLET GREY’s luxury positioning.
- Develop a customer loyalty program, in partnership with the Retail Director and Concierge, that engages different customer segments with enticing, surprizing and on-brand rewards.
- Support marketing team with events and highlight opportunities for existing customer involvement.
- Develop the strategy for personal client communications to ensure on-brand communications in collaboration with the Concierge, and develop a survey program to give qualitative actionable insights that drive business performance.
- Maintain a marketing calendar for retention channels, working closely with the Director of Acquisition Marketing & Partnerships and the Buying team to create cohesive messaging across all customer touchpoints and meet the needs of the business.
- Respond to metrics and translate into actionable recommendations with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Deliver best-in-class activities in an on-time and on-budget manner.
- Provide innovative recommendations for existing and emerging marketing opportunities.
- Monitor and communicate marketing industry trends to become an advocate for this area.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years in digital or omni-channel marketing in the luxury, fashion or beauty industries
- Experience in retention marketing, especially email marketing including coding is preferred
- A love for fashion and beauty, especially as it relates to physical and digital marketing communications
- A core understanding of the luxury consumer’s needs, lifestyle and media consumption
- Strong analytical and creative marketing skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platforms
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Very positive, enthusiastic and compassionate team player with strong work ethic and interest in growing with the company
- Curious, with a love of learning and openness to training and developing new skills
- Willingness to be hands-on and do all levels of work and ‘pitch-in’ as needed
- Passionate about marketing including both traditional and digital aspects
- Strong professional references and proven ability to work in a dynamic environment with many types of people at various levels to create value every day
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com