Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will be responsible for executing strategic initiatives to increase operational efficiency that help grow both our Ecommerce and our Retail businesses. This role will lead Ecommerce and Retail Operations and partner with cross functional teams including Leadership, Warehouse, IT, Merch, Finance, Retail and Marketing to identify opportunities and issues, and drive initiatives to address them. Create new processes to optimize the DTC operations and work cross teams to implement. The Director of Operations will report directly to the CEO.
- Assess, analyze and implement a new fulfillment strategy as well as lead Customer Service initiatives to meet Ecommerce KPIs, drive retention, and drive greater connectivity between all VIOLET GREY points of sale.
- Successfully execute the migration of the warehouse to a 3PL or other logistics partner in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Create a robust customer insights program, culling insights from daily interactions from the support team, analyzing said data and sharing learnings across the company to better enhance the customer experience in partnership with Marketing and Retail.
- Lead initiatives to improve the consumer experience across all touchpoints, including project management of new product and technology updates.
- Monitor operational KPIs including lead times, fulfillment rate, shipping, Customer Service SLAs etc., to track progress towards goals for DTC business and work on initiatives to improve KPIs.
- Take operational ownership of The Melrose Place store.
- Take operational ownership of the Violet Grey HQ inclusive of managing the office manager, housekeeping staff, IT, and warehouse team.
- Support the operational setup and maintenance of any in-house Violet Grey content development.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Operations (Fulfillment and Customer Service) for DTC Ecommerce organizations with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience managing fulfillment operations, working with 3PL’s and supply chains.
- ERP system experience. Netsuite proficiency is prefered.
- Experience with Ecommerce CS including phone, chat, email and social media. ZenDesk experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, developing and implementing service improvements.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively operate in very dynamic and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Positive, enthusiastic and compassionate team player who is to the point, practical, results-driven, and innovative
- Entrepreneurial, self directed, highly motivated, and collaborative
- Capable of working in a fast paced startup environment
- Capable of raising consensus at all levels: peers, executives, team members
- A forward thinker who pushes the organization to constantly improve
- Knowledge and experience with ERP, OMS Systems
- Prior experience in Beauty or Luxury a plus
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com